General Terms and Conditions
Prices are based on a minimum of 2 people except for the Winter Tongariro Alpine Crossing Group option which has a minimum of 5 people per trip. Single customers will be accepted upon availability with a surcharge. If possible and agreeable, single customers will be placed into a group, with no surcharge.
Pick up from Taupo, Turangi or Ohakune has a surcharge unless otherwise stated. Minimum numbers apply.
Depending on the group and activity, restrictions will apply in regard to age, level of fitness, and standard of health that is required. These restrictions will apply in the instance of safety and general enjoyment of the whole group. Where possible, Adrift will offer an alternative option to accommodate clients.
All trips have a minimum of clothing and equipment requirements that clients must adhere to. In the instance of clients being under the influence of drugs or alcohol, refusal will be automatic and no refund will be issued. Adrift must be informed of any medical issues which could hinder your safety or the safety of the group.
How to make a booking
Before Making a booking, read all the terms below....
There are three ways to make a booking. Please choose the option that best suits you.
- Book on-line with the Book-it button shown on each web page. Follow the simple instructions.
- By telephone for personal service. A credit card number will be required to confirm your booking.
- By email. Please email at least 3 days prior to your trip date. A credit card number will be required to confirm your booking.
Clients will need to contact Adrift between 6-8pm the night prior to the trip departure. Adrift will then advise on weather conditions for the next day and confirm meeting places and times.
Booking Terms & Conditions
Prices are based on minimum of 2 people except for the Winter Tongariro Alpine Crossing Group option which at times may have a minimum of 5 people per trip. Pick ups from Taupo and Turangi - minimum numbers apply.
Inclement weather and cancellation policy - In the event of bad weather an alternative adventure will be offered that is safe. Adrift have the right to cancel an adventure should Adrift consider the weather to cause too high a risk. In the event that the weather is wet and generally not very nice, Adrift will not cancel but offer clients three options:
• Option 1 - To commence walking the Tongariro Alpine Crossing with the intention of completing the tour but if the weather and client/s are not good then we will guide up to a point where the client requests to turn around of if Adrift considers it too risky for the group to proceed, then Adrift will turn the group around and if time permits, another walk in the Tongariro National Park will be offered.
• Option 2 - Adrift will suggest alternate walks where the client will get to see similar terrain as they would on Tongariro without the same exposure to the weather.
• Option 3 - The client can postpone their trip to another day
Cancellation of a booking by the client - If possible Adrift will organise for the customer to join another party on a similar trip. No refund will be made on cancellations made 14 days prior to the original booking date.