1 Day Whanganui River Guided Canoe
1 Day Whanganui River Guided Canoe (Taumarunui to Ohinepane)
This tour is designed for those who want to experience another of NZ’s Great Walks. Strange as it may be yes this is a GREAT WALK.
This is a unique way of spending time in another of New Zealand’s wonderful National Parks. The Whanganui National Park has rugged terrain covered in lush native forest with the Whanganui River flowing through the heart of it.
The Whanganui River is rich with Maori and European history, the largest reminder of which is the famous ‘Bridge to Nowhere’. Just like the early explorers, you will see and experience the NZ wilderness, wondering if you have taken a step back in time.
Paddling downstream you will travel through bush-clad hills, see waterfalls, spectacular sheer gorges, farmland as well as some rapids en-route.
Got any questions? CLICK HERE to contact us.
Guide/s, return transfers from the Adrift Tongariro base to the river put in, lunch and all equipment required (canoe, dry barrels for your gear, PFD’s, paddles)
Adrift Tongariro has available for hire equipment and clothing to supplement that which you don’t have and need.
Pick up / Drop off
Tour starts and finishes at the Adrift Tongariro Base. Trip departures available all year on application and confirmation.
Pick up: 9:00am
Drop off: 5:00pm
- All times are approximate
- We like to meet you the evening prior to the trip at our base at approx 5.30pm to give you barrels to pack you gear into.
- Return transfers from the Adrift Tongariro base (53 Carroll St, National Park Village) are included in the price.
- Your vehicle can be left at our base whilst we are canoeing.
Water (2 litres), Personal medications (e.g. Asthma Inhaler, blister protection etc), Sun hat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses, Suntan lotion, covered sandals, shorts, light top, 1 warm top layer (wool, merino, thermals, fleece, soft shell etc. are good layers), waterproof raincoat, 1 set of spare warm clothing to change into at the end of the day.
Gear For Hire
Adrift Tongariro has available for hire equipment, footwear and clothing to supplement that which you don’t have and need including boots, socks, thermal longs, fleece longs, waterproof pants, thermal tops, fleece tops, waterproof tops, warm gloves, warm hats, sun hats, sunglasses, backpacks, walking poles and sleeping bags and liners.
How To Make a Booking
Before making a booking, read all the terms & conditions
There are three ways to make a booking. Please choose the option that best suits you.
- Book on-line with the Book-it button shown on each web page. Follow the simple instructions.
- By telephone for personal service. A credit card number will be required to confirm your booking.
- By email. Please email at least 3 days prior to your trip date. A credit card number will be required to confirm your booking.
Clients will need to contact Adrift between 5:30-7:30pm the night prior to the trip departure. Adrift will then advise on weather conditions for the next day and confirm meeting places and times.