- Transfers are an additional service to the tour.
- All times are approximate
- Summer 1 October – 30 April, Winter 1 May – 30 September
- Transport between the Adrift Tongariro base and the activity is included in the price.
- All return transfers between accommodation and the Adrift Tongariro base, an additional charge applies as per above.
- We do not offer Whakapapa Village and Ohakune return transfers in winter.
- All return transfers require a minimum of two persons to operate transfers.
- All clients making their own way (self-drive) should meet at the Adrift Tongariro base in time for a 8am summer and a 7am winter departure.
- If you have paid for transfers it is essential you phone the Adrift Tongariro base 24 hours prior to trip date to discuss exact timings. +64 7892 2751.
Walking boots, socks (2 pairs), walking pants or shorts (not jeans), a waterproof rain jacket, 2-3 thermal or fleece tops, 50L backpack, 1.5 L water container, walking poles (optional), sunhat, warm hat and gloves, sunglasses, suntan lotion, personal medical needs including blister tape and toiletries and personals for 3 days. For the hut at night: Sleeping bag, 1 set of spare pants, top and light footwear (crocs), head torch, a small book, cards or other if you want to relax at night.
Please be careful not to pack too much but please feel free to bring with you what you think you may need. We will check your gear prior to leaving and advise you if we think it is/isn’t necessary. Any additional gear can be stored securely at our base.
Adrift Tongariro has equipment for hire. This includes footwear and clothing to supplement anything you may not have, or have forgotten on the day. We can supply: boots, socks, thermal longs, fleece longs, waterproof pants, thermal tops, fleece tops, waterproof tops, warm gloves, warm hats, sun hats, sunglasses, backpacks, walking poles and sleeping bags and liners.
It is essential you phone the Adrift Tongariro base 48 hours prior to trip date to discuss exact timings. +64 7892 2751.